Its that time of year when we embrace fashion and sport in the one breath and attend the Spring Racing Carnival, luncheons, gatherings and events in our most inspired fashion ensembles. Here we share our top picks for Spring Racewear so you can be a front-runner in the style stakes.
There are a few definite “do’s and “don’ts” when it comes to raceday outfits.
- Wear millinery – can be a hat, a fascinator or a crown
- Accessorize – think gloves, handbag, jewellery etc
- Be polished head to toe – style your hair, paint your nails etc
- Wear denim
- Wear shorts, playsuits or jumpsuits
- Wear uncomfortable heels (…wear heels, yes! Just make sure you can walk comfortably and gracefully in them!)
When choosing your race day attire be authentic and choose a style and colour palette that suits you, and one you feel comfortable in.
For a refined bohemian look think floaty maxi and mini dresses , elegant heels or sweet little ankle boots, jewels, a clutch and a hat or flower crown to complete. We are loving colours that reflect the colour palette nature presents in Spring. We envisage dresses in romantic blush, electric blue, dreamy white or golden amber floating trackside with elegance and grace.
The air is abuzz with laughter, chatter and live commentary and you are beaming with vibrant energy, a smile on your face and a champagne in your hand – you are confident, stylish from head to toe and ready to make memories.
Happy Spring Raceday!
Inspired by our favourite places...our top picks for Race Day…